Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ten and Rose

I've said 'OMG!' more times this morning than any other time in my life (except perhaps when the new Doctor Who trailer showed up a few weeks ago). And the reason is, as usual, for some exciting Doctor Who news.

This year is the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. And David Tennant is coming back.

It was announced today on the BBC One website for Doctor Who that David Tennant and Billie Piper are to return for the 50th Anniversary special. I think I'm just going to go into a quiet room for a few hours and think about this. It's too much. 

They're coming back! 

Of course, this could be really amazing- or really, really bad. But, thankfully, I have complete trust in Steven Moffat and I know that he will bring Ten and Rose back with a big bang and probably lots of tears. 

But the biggest question is, will the Doctor and Rose for the 50th Anniversary be from their days in the TARDIS spanned out across season 2, or will it be the Doctor and Rose who were abandoned in the parallel universe at the end of season 4? Or will Steven Moffat come up with something brand new and totally brilliant? Frankly, I have no idea how the gears of Moffat's ingenious mind work, so I'm not putting money on any of these options. 

What are your thoughts on Ten and Rose's return? Is it a recipe for disaster or a great increase in viewership? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo