Thursday, May 23, 2013

Two Bags

My best friend's birthday was on Monday, and I had to work hard (in the loosest sense of the word) to get her present done by the set time.

Can you tell what it is? You should be able to guess that it's a bag. But it's also a bag that's made to look like the 4th Doctor's scarf from Doctor Who. It's knit in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Worsted in the colors  
Oyster Heather (cream), Jalepeno (green), Columbine (purple), Cranberry (red), and Whirlpool (blue). I used less than one ball of each. I felted it in the washing machine and added the fringe afterwards.

I believe the my friend was happy with it- she hasn't said otherwise- and though I didn't get the colors exactly right, I think it's recognizable (to die-hard Whovians, at any rate).

Onto the second bag: yesterday I took out my mom's sewing machine and played around with some material, following the instructions from a fellow Raveler. Within a couple of hours, I had a drawstring project bag which I am quite delighted with:

It is by no means mistake-free, but I'm delighted to have ventured into this area of crafting. (Not that I haven't sewn before- I did take a quilting class back in the 4th grade.) I'd like to buy a couple of fat quarters next time I'm in a fabric shop so I can make a bag whenever inspiration strikes. For the drawstrings I used some scraps of Blue Sky Alpacas Skinny Dyed Cotton crocheted into a long chain. 

P.s. I finished my sweater! Pics to follow tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo