Wednesday, February 27, 2013

If Bruce Wayne Could Knit...

If Bruce Wayne could knit, he would open an Etsy shop and sell these shawls, and I would buy one for you. Unfortunately, he's too busy saving Gotham, so I made you one instead. 

I knit this shawl for my sister (the same one I knit the hat for) for Christmas. It was inspired by 
Wa na na na na na na na Bat Shawl!, but I made it into a rectangular shawl and designed a couple of charts myself. As the original pattern suggests, I used Knitpicks Gloss Fingering, but I need about three and a half skeins.

I started the shawl in late August and finished it in late November. Of course, a lot of that time was taken up with various other projects, and I think I knit about two thirds or more of it in the last two weeks of November.

I have to say, I'm really proud of this shawl. I think it's the first big lace project I've done (excluding my Holden Shawlette), and I will forever look upon it with the memories of working on it into the late hours of the night and early hours of the morning, whenever the recipient wasn't around. 

One of my favorite things about it is the edging, which is mostly invisible because the edge curls up. But I'm still happy with it, and it's a nice detail if you happen to notice it. 
I designed a chart for a tiny Batman symbol as shown in The Dark Knight Rises:
I'll be compiling the pattern for the shawl from the infinite amount of notes I took, and hopefully it'll be ready in the next few days. And, of course, I'll be back later today with some pictures of my Holden Shawlette. I'm almost halfway done with the lace section, but I want to do a little more before I take pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo