Friday, February 22, 2013

FO Friday: Waffles

When I woke up this morning, one of the first things I thought was, 'It's Friday and I don't have any finished objects to share. What will I do? 

Never fear, my dear followers. I took time out of my day to work on a quick knit just so I would have something to satisfy your longing for a new post over here at To Live A Life. I sacrificed at least four hours of my precious time and my only reward is your delight. 
Okay, I got a brand new pair of fingerless gloves, too. But that's an unimportant variable in this equation. 

I sort of followed a pattern that I've wanted to knit for a long time: Waffle Stitch Fingerless Gloves. I say 'sort of' because I only took one quick glance at the pattern and did my best to commit it to memory before casting on. They were so simple and I was modifying the pattern anyway, I thought, 'what's the need to waste ink on printing out this PDF?'

Of course, this backfired and my gloves are far from identical to the ones I'd have gotten if I'd followed the pattern to the letter. Firstly, my gauge was way off, but thankfully I decided to shrink the pattern down anyway so I'd have a tighter fit and that turned out okay. Then I couldn't remember how many rows of what I was supposed to do, so I just improvised and it still turned out okay. 

All in all, I'm very happy with the way these fingerless gloves came out, especially since they only took a few hours to knit up. But I still consider it a great deed of selflessness on my part to fulfill your love of my blog. 

(Wow, this has really been full of self-acclaim, hasn't it?) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo