Friday, February 15, 2013

FO Friday: DIY Braided Bracelet


I spent the most part of this evening working on this little braided bracelet. It started out being a never ending magical braid, but in the end I had to admit that I wasn't making any magical infinity bracelet, and settled on a little stockinette bit thing at the back. But I did graft the ends together, so it's completely seamless. 

Tomorrow I'm going to make another one and take some in progress pictures so I can get together a pattern for it. But tonight, you'll have to do with the story of its inspiration. 

I got my first watch (actually it was my second, but let's just say it was my first so I don't have to tell the story behind my actual first watch) when I was into Lord of the Rings a couple of years ago. I searched the jewelry section of Target for the perfect watch that had a Middle Earth-esque band. I finally found one that was made of braided leather. I loved it, and wore it until the band snapped in two. 

If I'm perfectly honest with you, the connection  between that braided band and this braided bracelet didn't occur to me until after I'd finished the bracelet. But I had to fill this post with something, didn't I?

1 comment:

  1. Love the braided braclet and would love to see progress pics and a pattern. Your story made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xoxo