Sunday, June 16, 2013

Beads & Instagram

On Friday, I received an amazing RAK (Random Act of Kindness) from one of my good friends on Ravelry. The RAK consisted of the stitch markers pictured to the left, and they were so beautiful that I was inspired to make some of my own. I already had a trip to Michael's planned for that day, and it was with the added intention of picking out some exciting new beads and wire (the wire wasn't that exciting).

My Michael's has a great selection of beads, and I could have spent hours in their jewelry section. The prices are marked by color, with the cheapest at about $4 and the most expensive at $15, and since I was working on a pretty tight budget I stuck mainly in the $4-7 range. However, I did find some lovely beads that were originally $10 but were on sale for $2. I have yet to find out what's wrong with them.

I bought four strings of beads and a spool of black wire, and upon my arrival home I set to work with my new supplies and a pair of needle-nose pliers. Shortly afterwards, I was rewarded with these:
Yes, I only made three stitch markers and I haven't made any since, but I intend to in the next few days- I've been busy this past weekend! Well, perhaps busy isn't the right word- I've been knitting and finding a new way to share my knitting with the world, which brings me to the next topic.


You may have noticed the beautifully antique-ified photographs in this post. They are the victims of my Instagram account. I've been having quite a bit of fun, taking pictures of almost everything I do. The downside is that I don't have my own iPhone and have to use the family one. The upside is that almost everybody else has their own iPhone, so pretty much only my mom and I use the family phone, and my mom hates it, so for all intents and purposes, it's mine (for Instagram, anyway). 

I'm not using Instagram too much, though- I'm proud to say I've only posted 17 photos since I got Instagram on Thursday. I don't think it will become too much of an addiction- then, I said that when I started knitting and spinning, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo