Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Spinning Show & Tell: On and Off

I haven't done much spinning since last week, but I have finished the first half of the 4oz of alpaca I'm spinning. I'm spinning it super-fine, and I'll ply it into what will hopefully be round fingering weight. I'm envisioning Orchid Thief being knit from it, granted I'll have enough yardage. However, I have another 4oz of the same roving that I can spin up should I run out. 

My goal of spinning for 15 minutes a day has been extinguished of late- every few days, I'll spin for a  couple of hours, and then let my spinning wheel or drop spindle (usually the former) gather dust until I am next inspired to spin. But with the Tour de Fleece fast approaching, I'm anticipating my spinning tools getting much more use. 

I'm creating another goal- to finish the singles of this alpaca by the start of the TdF on Saturday and ply it on the first day. Wish me luck- two ounces of lace weight singles in three days isn't something I've accomplished before!

Linking with Crafts from the Cwtch today. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks very yummy! Looking forward to seeing it all plied and knit up - I love that pattern!

    Thanks for linking up today :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you knit up with that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xoxo