Friday, June 28, 2013

FO Friday: Wish it were Winter

Today it was about 105° Fahrenheit. Not exactly perfect weather conditions for wearing cozy cowls and woolly fingerless mitts. And yet, I have two of them fresh off the needles.
This is the only picture I've yet managed to take of these mitts (save some rather creepy weeping angel impersonation ones that I took at two o'clock in the morning when I was too sleepy to think properly, and I'm not ready to show those to the public). As you can tell, I didn't end up re-knitting the first mitt, as I mentioned here. It would seem that my laziness is stronger than my OCD. The pattern is Baby Lamb Cuffs by Tiny Owl Knits and here is my Ravelry project page.

I just finished this cowl this morning. It was a fun and quick knit, and the pattern was quite interesting. Using handspun yarn was another thing that kept it interesting. The pattern is another by Tiny Owl Knits- Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Now, I have to cut this short because I want to finish the 4-hour Jane Eyre miniseries and it's already ten o'clock. Check out Tami's Amis for more interesting FOs! 

1 comment:

  1. Sheep! So cute! The intarsia method most definitely turned out neater-looking than the stranded. Proves to me that I do need to learn how to knit intarsia...especially intarsia in-the-round (since a LOT of what I knit is knit in-the-round). Fun cowl. I like the color. It'll be nice to have come winter. I'm gonna add that one to my queue. And I checked out your book review for Doctor Who: Dark Horizons. I LOVE Doctor Who. Have yet to read the books though. Definitely have to get my hands on them. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xoxo