Friday, July 12, 2013

FO Friday: Different Kinds of Crafty

To my great surprise I have done hardly any knitting today! However, I still have two finished objects to show off (neither of which were knit or crocheted).

I picked up this fabric at Joanne's a few days ago (along with a green polka-dot fat quarter which is the lining for this bag and two more for another bag). When I first bought it, I wasn't completely in love with it, but now it's one of my favorite fabrics ever. It even has little balls of yarn on it- perfect for a knitting bag. 

The bag is about 8x10", which is the perfect size for pretty much any project aside from a sweater, for which I use something akin to a reusable grocery bag. I used half a fat quarter each for the bag and lining, while on the previous drawstring bags I've made I used an entire fat quarter for each. Those bags are nice, but this is infinitely preferable. 

The second project was to jazz up this old t-shirt I had that was too big for me:

I saw the idea on Pinterest this morning, and immediately thought that I needed to find a t-shirt to play around with. It's a simple enough matter of cutting slits in the fabric and drawing a crochet hook through them, creating a sort of crocheted chain in the shirt. The placement of my 'belt' isn't perfect- I'm not sure it's the most flattering shirt. But it was great practice and my next shirt will be perfect. (To the right is a close up of the crochet detail.)
That's it for me today! (as if it wasn't enough) Check out Tami's Amis for some more knitting-related FOs! 



2 comments:

  1. Two clever projects! Great fabric and excellent way to rework a tee shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun!! xoxo becca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xoxo