Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WIPs & Books: All Mine

This past Friday, I received a Knitpicks order in the mail, and inside the box was the yarn for a sweater and two pairs of socks. I immediately cast on the socks, and on Saturday cast on the sweater.
The pattern I'm following is the popular February Lady Sweater. I've been enjoying knitting it for the most part, though the yoke was so incredibly boring that I couldn't knit it without watching something as well. I also had some gauge issues at the beginning, and I accidentally left off the third buttonhole, and I'm sure that there's an infinite amount of other problems with my February Lady. But now that I'm onto the body, it's much more fun to knit and I'm happier with the way it looks (even if the collar is too tight). The yarn I'm using for the sweater is Knitpicks Swish Worsted in the colorway 'Amethyst Heather.' 

Onto the next WIP. As I said, I started a pair of socks, and I've been working on them slowly and somewhat steadily. The yarn is Knitpicks Felici Fingering in 'Rainbow' and the pattern is Simple Summer Socks
For the last hour or so, I was working on them on the back porch and got quite a lot done. (Wait a second. Knitting outside? With wool? In Texas? In July? Yep, we're experiencing an unexpected wave of nice weather, and it's beautiful outside.) I have about two and a half inches to go before I start the heel. It's my first time knitting socks toe up and my first time knitting them two at a time, so I'm learning lots, namely that both feats are incredibly easy. 

Now, in concerning this week's books... I haven't been reading very much, because I've been concentrating on writing. As some of you may know, the July session of Camp Nanowrimo started on Monday, and even though I have repeatedly said that I am never participating in Nanowrimo again, it has managed to draw me in, as it always does. I decided to join in four days before the event started, which was plenty of time for me to come up with a plot and characters. I've done surprisingly well, and the book is coming along excellently. The book is about a boy named Jude who finds a ghost and has to help the ghost solve its own murder. At about 4,000 words in, I'm proud to say that the ghost has not yet made an entrance. 

I'm linking with Tami's Amis today. 

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! xoxo