Monday, June 18, 2012

shawarma

If the Avengers eat shawarma, I should eat it too, right?

Well, that's how it was with Doctor Who and fish fingers and custard (which is delicious, by the way).

On Saturday evening, I made shawarma. Actually, I made shawarma Friday evening through to Saturday evening, because the chicken had to marinate all through the night.

That part wasn't fun... handling raw chicken almost made me a vegetarian right then and there. A very sick vegetarian. 

Luckily I didn't have to do a lot with it after I put it in the fridge Friday night. In fact, I don't think I even looked at it until the next afternoon. 

I guess I should explain what shawarma is, for all you people i haven't already told. Basically, it's what the Avengers eat at the end of The Avengers. It's also chicken/cucumbers/tahini/tomatoes/yogurt/parsley/pickles laid on top of a pita bread and rolled into a burrito. 
I burned the tahini (I know, how did I manage to do that?) so I made a yogurt sauce instead, which I actually like more than tahini anyway. 

It was delicious. I can now say that I have had shawarma, which basically makes me part of the Avengers. Right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo