Sunday, November 11, 2012

Algernon

Well, at least I can say I have an excuse for not blogging much this month. 16712 words and counting. I think this is the best book I've ever written (but I say that of every novel).

While I do have about four book reviews to do, a hat to post pictures of, and a cat to talk about, the latter comes first. I give you:

Algernon. 

Algernon was given to us last Thursday, so we've had him for just over a week.  My brother and his wife found him at a garage sale when he was about a month old. They've been taking in foster kittens for a few months, and have been very tempted to keep each kitten they've hosted, but while the kittens did have a home at the shelter Algernon didn't. They wanted to find someone they saw often to adopt him, and we volunteered. 

How cool is it to get a black cat? (a black kitten at that!) He's about three months old, and while still a kitten he's turning into a cat. Right now he's sleeping on the couch beside me. 

It's so wonderful to have a little kitten around- though Trapper doesn't agree. She still hisses whenever Algernon has the nerve to enter a room she's currently in. Homer has warmed up a little, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo