Friday, November 16, 2012

Merlin and Stuff

This evening while I was watching Merlin, The Sword in the Stone part I, I picked up a scarf I started a while ago. It is for me, and I know I promised not to make anything for me this month, but considering I would just be staring at a computer screen (albeit a computer screen filled with handsome knights and all) and none of my Christmas Knits are simple enough to work on while concentrating on a TV show.

So I picked this scarf up and knit a whole bunch of it while Simpleton Arthur made a fool of himself and Sir Gwaine sang for his supper.

The pattern: Scrunchable Scarf by Susan McConne. It's a wonderful, easy, mindless scarf. I'm knitting it in bulky yarn and size 15 needles, so it's very big, loose, and wonderfully scrunchy. 
I'm about halfway done with the ball of yarn and not quite halfway done with the scarf- but if it's not long enough, I can always tuck it away and buy more yarn sometime. 

Speaking of yarn, tonight I indulged in some new woolly goodness- KnitPicks is handing out a free skein of Biggo yarn on any orders 5 dollars or more. So I bought some yarn for myself that I don't really need and some yarn for a * Christmas Knit! * Looking forward to getting that in the mail, though I'm not expecting it for some time. They're probably swamped with ordered right now. 

Now I'm off to write a bit more of my novel- 25000 words, right on par!- and hope to be inspired by my Merlin episode. 
This just has to make anybody happy, whether or not you've become acquainted with the new character of King Arthur. I know for a fact that some of my readers will laugh out loud at this. (You know who you are.)

3 comments:

  1. This makes me feel really pitiful for being one of those readers who would laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure you were the only one. Well the only one I knew about anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Merlin an old show? Or are they making more currently? What it it about? You should write a post describing it and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xoxo