Friday, April 19, 2013

FO Friday: Y e Olde Gnomes

Pattern: Gnome Homes by Tiny Owl Knits

This morning, I thought, I don't have any FOs to blog about today!

Then I rememberd my Gnome Homes, and was extremely grateful that I chose not to blog about them on Monday.

The pattern is another by Tiny Owl Knits. I've wanted to knit it for a long time, because Gnome Homes aren't just little sticks with beards and hats- they hold your DPNs.

I constantly lose my DPNs (most of my sets only have 3 or 4 needles left), and I'm really hoping these guys will help me keep them in order.

Unfortunately, they aren't quite done- I need to reknit the hat of the blue one to make it bigger, and I still have to buy elastic to attach the hats. BUT apart from that, they're done, and I've started using them already.

They're super fast- I knit these over the span of about 3 days, but I could have easily knit both of them and more in one day.

One more thing- I knit the green one in sportweight yarn rather than 4-ply. I cast on 1 stitch less than the pattern states to make up for the difference in yarn weight. It worked out perfectly, and in fact holds my needles better than the blue one, which was knit with fingering.

As per my frequent habit, I am linking with Tami's Amis today.

3 comments:

  1. Cute gnomes! I especially love the blue one! :)

    Hasol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love reading your blog and hearing about your projects and therefore I nominated you for a Liebster Blog award. You can read more about it here: http://alazybeauty.wordpress.com/2013/04/22/liebster-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I've FINALLY posted about it (sorry for the delay)! <3

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! xoxo