Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WIPs and Books: Owlish Things

This afternoon, while I finished listening to the Prisoner of Azkaban, I worked on three of my current projects: my Beekeeper's Quilt, my Orchids and Fairy Lights hat, and my Oh My Bear! sweater. 
All of these patterns are from Tiny Owl Knits, and Harry Potter is all about owls, so everything was very owlish this afternoon. 

My BKQ is coming along excellently. I'm on hexipuff number 47 altogether, and the third one for April. I'm going to try and knit at least 15 in April, and so far I'm doing pretty good. 

Poor Beorn has been hibernating for a while because I had to work on my Holden Shawlette and because, truth be told, it's a little bit boring, just working stockinette stitch for 16 inches. Thankfully, I'm about halfway done with the back and then I get to do the hood, which is sure to be more challenging, and therefore more interesting. 

O&FL is getting done slowly but surely. It was also hibernating for the same reason as Beorn, but now I've brought it back to the light and I only have 1 more repeat to do before I get to start decreasing. I'm knitting it on 4 dpns, and the stitches seem to threaten to fall off the tips of the needles every other round. But I'm still enjoying working on it. 


Not as much, however, as I enjoyed listening to the Prisoner of Azkaban over the last few days. I forget sometimes how good Harry Potter is, but then I stumble across it again and I love it again. The Prisoner of Azkaban is one of my favorites in the series- J.K. Rowling does such an excellent job weaving the mystery in. Also, it's the only book in which I really enjoy Lupin's character. After this one he gets a bit too grim. 

That's it for me this Wednesday. Hopefully I'll have something finished by Friday, but as always, I'm not making any promises. I'm linking with Tami's Amis.


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! xoxo