Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WIPs and Books: Pixar

Yesterday, I finished my Orchids & Fairy Lights hat- it will get its own post on Friday. But since I finished it, I haven't made any significant progress on any of my other countless WIPs, unless you count the Beekeeper's Quilt, which I've been working on steadily.

This evening, I started a quick project that I'll finish up tomorrow . I'm knitting a cuff/bangle inspired by the heartfelt rings pattern by Tiny Owl Knits. I did a small swatch which is shown in the photo, and cast on. I'll put a row of hearts around the cuff- either in white or in different colors, I haven't decided. Hopefully it will work, and if it doesn't I can be consoled by the fact that it's not taking very long to knit.

I'm still reading Jane Eyre of course, but I've also been reading this book my brother gave me about Pixar's 2012 movie Brave, and it is fascinating. The book, called The Art of Brave by Jenny Lerew, goes over all of the artwork that went into making the animated film. More than anything, this book makes me wish I could draw. I've done a few drawings that I'm proud of (namely, my drawing of Iron Man and Thor), and it doesn't take an artist to note that these drawings are quite terrible.

Today I am, as always, linking with Tami's Amis.

2 comments:

  1. Jane Eyre was a good book although by the end I was very frustrated with the choices she made regarding her love life. I did enjoy it though. Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xoxo