Friday, March 15, 2013

FO Friday: Not Really At All

I didn't finish my hat.

But I did finish overcoming my irrational fear of starting this pair of socks that's been queued forever! That counts, doesn't it? Doesn't it?
Okay, here's the specs: The pattern I'm using is Hermione's Everyday Socks, the yarn is Knitpicks Stroll Handpainted in the colorway Frosting, the needle size is US1, and I'm 11/15 repeats into the leg (I'm doing 15 pattern repeats instead of 18, as the pattern suggests). 

Now I can get onto what I really wanted to blog about. I had to include the stuff about the socks so I'd have a semi-valid excuse to link with Tami's Amis. Today's real topic is... Robin Hood! 

Okay, you guys have permission run screaming. I know what's going on in your head. What? Anya (or this crazy writer, if you don't know my name) is into another stupid TV show? Heaven help us all!

Or maybe you don't know what Robin Hood is (I mean don't know what Robin Hood the BBC TV series is, not don't know what Robin Hood is). And so listen carefully to the parenthetical information above: it's a BBC TV Series. It started in 2006 and it ended in 2009, and I already know that everybody dies so I don't have to be disappointed like I was with the ending of Merlin. 

I started watching Robin Hood because it has Richard Armitage (also known as Thorin Oakenshield) in it as Guy of Gisbourne. Unfortunately he's also evil, but I'm sure he'll redeem himself sometime. 

So now I'm watching Robin Hood every night (though, that will shortly end with my Spring Break). And it is completely enthralling, despite it being all about taxes and torturing people. 

I also thought the Sheriff was Prince John for the first few episodes, and still call him 'The King' whenever I talk about him. Shows how little I know about Robin Hood. 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting the socks, they're going to be awesome! I highly recommend North and South if you're a Richard Armitage fan. I had no idea that he was in Robin Hood, I'll definitely be checking it out based on your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've actually seen North and South... about 3 times, because of Richard Armitage.

      Delete
  2. Socks are looking good. Love that yarn. Mmmmm frosting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xoxo