It took a very long time to knit all 63 squares. Many of them were trudged through miserably, with many groans and wishes of completion. But at long last, a week before the wedding, I finished all of the squares. Well, almost all of them. I was one short. But by then I was so sick of that pattern, I decided to go ahead and piece them together and knit that last square when I came to it.
I wanted to finish the blanket by the wedding, but I don't think that would have been possible. As it was, I finished two weeks after the wedding. But I am still extremely proud of myself.
The day I finished it, I began a new project. Unfortunately I can't post pictures for another four months or so... Spoilers!