Thursday, January 3, 2013

Completion

As I think I said a couple of posts ago, I finished my Saroyan at last (well, at last isn't really correct as I've been working on it for about half a month and have been taking lots of breaks). I pinned it out to block the night before last and let it dry until this morning. It's not the softest; the wool is a bit scratchy. But it's definitely very warm. 

Yesterday evening I felt like I was coming down with a cold and I was exhausted, so I went to bed at eight- probably the earliest time I've gone to bed in years. While I did fall asleep, I was awake from 11pm to 3:30am and got a bunch of knitting done on my Thor Scarf, and it's starting to look like the beginnings of a scarf. I didn't get up this morning until 10 and spent a very relaxing day knitting, mostly by Entrelac Cowl, which is now finished (pictures to follow tomorrow). I also started a hat, which is going swimmingly (I really hate that adverb). It'll probably be done in a few days and then I'll have to write up a pattern for that... so plenty to keep me busy. 

My vacation has come to an end, as my family just returned from Palo Duro Canyon. I still have about two weeks before school starts again, but those two weeks will be filled with noise and I won't have as much time to knit. It's been very relaxing and quiet with only four people in the house, but I suppose it would have gotten lonely after a while. So, I suppose I'm glad to have them all back home. (just kidding, I'm happier than that for their return.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo